- Collection and processing of personal data;
- User Rights;
- Preservation of personal data;
- Under what circumstances is there any communication of data to other entities;
- Links to Third Party Sites;
- International Data Transfers;
- Questions and Suggestions;
1. Collection and processing of personal data
Access and use of the Site does not imply the availability of personal data by the User. However, the use of certain functionalities of the Site implies the availability of personal data by the User.
Such data will be processed by Castilho International Law Firm to:
(i) Request for contact: personal data will be processed, with your consent, to manage the established contact and provide clarifications and information requested by the User;
(ii) Application submission: personal data will be processed, for the purpose of pre-contractual procedures, for the management of your application;
(iii) Subscription of updates: personal data will be processed, with your consent, for the purpose of sending relevant communications and information.
2. User Rights
In accordance with the applicable legislation, the User may request, at any time, access to personal data concerning him, as well as his rectification, elimination, limitation of its treatment, the portability of his data, or oppose to the treatment.
The User may also obtain confirmation that personal data concerning him / her are subject to treatment, and a copy of the data being processed will be made available to him, if required.
In accordance with the law, the User is also guaranteed the right to withdraw his or her consent for the processing of the data for the purposes indicated, but does not invalidate the treatment carried out by that date on the basis of prior consent given away.
For the exercise of any of the above rights, the User must submit a written request for the following contacts:
• E-mail: email@example.com
• Address: Rua dos Marnotos, nº8, 1º andar | 3800-220 Aveiro, Portugal
3. Preservation of personal data
The personal data collected are treated in strict compliance with the applicable legislation. The personal data will be kept in accordance with the respective purposes and respecting the applicable legal deadlines. Thus, and insofar as there is no specific legal requirement, the data will be stored and retained only for the appropriate period and to the extent necessary for the purposes for which they were collected, except where the right to opposition, right to erasure or withdraw consent.
4. Under what circumstances is there any communication of data to other entities?
Castilho International Law Firm may transmit your personal data:
a) When using other entities for the provision of certain services, since such provision of services may imply access by these entities to their personal data. Thus, any subcontracting entity of Castilho International Law Firm will treat your personal data, in the name and on behalf of Castilho International Law Firm, under the strict obligation to follow our instructions and under the terms of the subcontracting agreement entered into with said subcontracting entities;
b) To third parties, when it deems such communications as necessary or adequate (i) in light of applicable law, (ii) in compliance with legal obligations / court orders, (iii) deliberations or decisions of control authorities or iv) to respond to requests from public or governmental authorities.
In any of the situations mentioned above, Castilho International Law Firm will take all appropriate measures to ensure the effective protection of personal data.
Castilho International Law Firm does its best to protect the personal data of Users against unauthorized access. For this purpose, it uses security systems, rules and other procedures to ensure the protection of personal data, as well as to prevent unauthorized access to data, improper use, disclosure, loss or destruction.
It is, however, the responsibility of the Users to ensure and ensure that the devices and equipment used to access the Site are adequately protected against harmful software, computer viruses and worms.
Cookies are small text files that identify the User’s computer on the Castilho International Law Firm server. The cookies themselves do not identify the individual user, only the computer used. Cookies are not used to collect personal data.
The cookies used on this site are as follows:
- PHPSESSID: A cookie that allows the Site to respond to any action that the User performs on the Site, such as completing an inquiry form. The site does not function properly if this cookie is not used.
- xms_user: cookie used by backoffice users. The Site works correctly if this cookie is not used.
- __utma, __utmb, __utmc, __utmt, __utmz: Cookies __ utmz starting “__utm” allow the function of analytics software. This software helps to analyze visitors to the Site and provide anonymous information such as browsers used, return visitors and response to marketing activities. This information helps Castilho International Law Firm improve their website and their online experience.
All browsers allow the User to accept, reject or delete cookies, in particular by selecting the appropriate settings in their browser. The User can configure the cookies in the “options” or “preferences” menu of the browser. To learn more about cookies, including how you can manage and delete cookies, you can visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
Please note, however, that by disabling cookies, you may partially or totally affect your browsing experience on the Site.
7. Links to Third Party Sites
The links on this Site may lead to other sites. Castilho International Law Firm is not responsible, approves or otherwise supports or subscribes to the content of these sites, nor the sites linked to or referred to in them.
Castilho International Law Firm is not liable for damages resulting from viruses that may infect the user’s computer or network, or other assets, due to access to the Portuguese Emigrant Lawyer’s website with transference of contents from it to the computer or user’s network.
This privacy statement applies only to information collected on the Site of the Portuguese Emigrant.
8. International data transfers
Castilho International Law Firm may transfer personal data to third countries (outside the European Union or European Economic Area), for the purposes of this Policy, for which there is no decision on adequacy adopted by the European Commission. In this case, Castilho International Law Firm undertakes to adopt the appropriate security measures to ensure the confidentiality and protection of personal data, in accordance with the applicable legislation on the protection of personal data.
You can request additional information by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, the User has the right to submit a complaint to the competent control authority in accordance with the law, if he considers that the treatment of his data by Castilho International Law Firm violates the legal regime in force at every moment.
10. Questions and suggestions
- The User may contact Castilho International Law Firm on all matters related to the processing of his or her personal data and the exercise of the rights conferred by the applicable legislation, and in particular referred to in this Policy, through the following contacts:
- Telephone: 00351 234 482 214
- E-mail: email@example.com
Castilho International Law Firm reserves the right at any time to amend these terms of processing of personal data. These changes will be properly advertised on the Site.